I'm a poor grad student. I've wanted to pursue my graduate degree since I graduated from college in 2005, but was scared. I applied to a grad program, was accepted, then looked at how much it would cost...$54,000 to go to school and to live. WHAT?! So I moved. I got a job. I hated my job. I got a new job. I decided to it was time to go back to school. I applied, I got in, I quit my job, I moved.
They always tell you that your student loans will be deferred. They fail to mention that if you took out private loans to cover your tuition that those will not always be deferred. After quitting my job and moving, I discovered that my plans were ruined. I was originally all set. I had a job, I had federal loans, and I had a scholarship. Now, I have two jobs, I have federal loans, a scholarship, and thanks to those private loans, I'm $500 in the hole every month. My plans...screwed.
New plan? You bet. Am I going to quit school? Absolutely not. Am I going to bitch and moan about money? Occasionally. One thing I've learned is that everything will work. I wasn't expecting a scholarship to cover half of my tuition. I got one! I wasn't expecting to find a great place to live that has all utilities included in the rent (including wireless!). But I found it! I wasn't expecting a lot of things, but I've tried my hardest to stay positive no matter what. This will all work out. I can afford my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















































No comments:
Post a Comment