The requirements for my degree are pretty standard; however, the first course is a doozie. It's a winter session class with roughly a million pages of readings, a paper, a website, a group project, and 7 days in a classroom for HOURS. Basically, a crash course in Library Science. It was incredibly intimidating, but also an amazing experience.
One thing that was definitely certain by the end of the winter session is that I don't want to be practitioner. There's just so much more to working in/with libraries than I ever really knew. I had such a limited perspective. My new knowledge also means that I really WILL be applying to Law School. I love libraries, I love everything a library stands for...equity of access, information accessible to everyone regardless of age or ethnicity. But one thing I focused on for my paper for this class was children's access to materials. I loved reading about new laws passed to limit a child's access to the Internet, censorship of materials, copyright laws, fair use. Now I just have to take, and do well on, the LSAT. Not to mention, I still have to take 11 more classess for my Master's! At least 4 more years of school ahead of me...I'm looking forward to it!
(Completely unrelated to school, but it's a huge part of my life at the moment...Smallville. I'm almost to the end of Season 1 and whoa! That Seth Cohen kid from The OC is in Episode 19. Possibly my favorite ep yet! The L.O.V.E. situation between Chloe/Clark, Clark/Lana, and Lana/Whitney is killing me. Chloe and Clark should be together and Lana needs to learn how to be on her own. Or she at least needs to stop babying Whitney. In the episode with the Nicodemus flower, that's the cool Lana. I wish she'd just let it all out and stop hiding her feelings. I know she wants to protect Whitney because of his dad (who died at the end of ep 19), but SERIOUSLY?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















































No comments:
Post a Comment