second time around...

I realized today while at the library talking to a classmate that I've unconsciously been rereading a lot of books...the Shopaholic series, Austen, classics and "required reading". I've always had a bad habit of reading books too quickly...I enjoy them, but I end up missing a lot. Right now, I'm rereading Twilight because the first time around I read it in a few hours. Now that I've discussed it with so many people...I'm no longer sure of my own opinion. However, just 70 pages in, I'm still getting that tension between Edward and Bella that I loved the first time around. No...the writing isn't Austen, or even Rowling, but it's still a good story. I'm also reading 1984 again. It's been so long since I read it the first time, I'm excited to give it another shot! I'm also looking forward to rereading The Great Gatsby...and The World According to Garp (love it!)...and the other Austen novels (I read Emma in Feb)...and Harry Potter (something I've done every summer for the past few years)...and Summer Sisters...and My Sweet Audrina and These Is My Words (truly an incredible book)...and Circle of Friends! The nice thing about rereading my favorites is that I can also read something new at the same time. I really love to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment