Last week...Mark and I saw G.I. Joe last Monday. The special effects were great and I (actually) liked the story line. I was pretty impressed. However, it was a little long.
On Saturday, we red-boxed Obsessed. Loved it! Beyonce kicked butt, Ali Larter was CRAZY!
Sometime last week, Vanessa and I shopped for $19 jeans at Old Navy. However, I have now remembered why I don't shop at Old Navy: Inconsistency. The sizes are ALL wrong. I wear a size 14 and, no matter what the style is, I should be able to wear a size 14. That doesn't happen with Old Navy pants. Not to mention, their regular length is for short people. I'm 5'10" and their longs are hardly long enough for me! What in the world! So, the first pair of jeans I bought, I ended up returning them. Their return policy SUCKS! Vanessa bought the jeans, so I didn't have the card they were purchased with and I didn't have the receipt. Since I couldn't find anything that fit at the store, I just wanted to return the pants for a gift card. Apparently, if you don't have the receipt (and ALL the tags were on the jeans), you can only do some ridiculous mailing in business. WHAT?! I was livid. Shopping for jeans should not make someone want to cry...but I left Old Navy near tears. I went to a different Old Navy and ended up having to buy a 16 Long to find anything that would even work. Ugh! It's not even a dark wash that I like. I will not shop at Old Navy for clothes...only flip-flops.
The reason for my insane reaction to jeans...Mark is back in the hospital. On Saturday, he was having these crazy spasms in his thighs, it was kind of radiating from his back. He's been complaining about a pain in his hip for at least two weeks, but he kept saying it was a pulled muscle or it was from laying on the tables at doctor's appointments. On Monday when we went to the movie, he wasn't sure if he could walk the distance from the car to the theater (he did manage though, which is good since I could hardly lift the wheelchair into the car!). Around 11:30 Saturday night, after giving him every pain medication possible, we finally convinced him that going to the ER was the only answer. He couldn't even lay down! He had a PET scan on Friday, but he wasn't schedule to find out results until the following Friday. The ER was the only option. He couldn't have lasted through Saturday and Sunday nights just sitting up on the couch.
Once he got to the hospital...oh boy. They needed to do an MRI...he couldn't lay down...they attemped to sedate him with the stuff that killed Michael Jackson. They also gave him a paralytic. Well the wear-off time on those two differs...not to mention they had to intubate him because of the sedative. He was awake, but couldn't move. It was horrible. But the results from that were not good. There is a tumor on the tip of his spine that is causing all the problems. He had to have another MRI today (head of anesthiology was there this time) and he is having surgery tomorrow. Hopefully, they will be able to remove the tumor so he can walk again!
I'm scared though. If he can't walk, how will I get him to his appointments? I can't transport him to the car by myself! He's 200 lbs! (He used to be a lot more...)
On a happier note...Deacon and Sydney both have birthdays coming up (Sept 1 and 18)! I bought most of their birthday presents today...mostly books. Surprise, surprise!
OH! And classes started yesterday...4 total. 3 for library school, 1 for pre-reqs for application to the nursing program (it's a math class). The library classes are all online and the math class is on campus twice a week.
That covers my life as of this moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















































No comments:
Post a Comment