Indecisive me

I'm a horrible decision maker...when it comes to picking what I want at a restuarant, I can narrow it down to a few selections but I can't pick. Usually, I make the person I'm with choose for me.

Sadly, my indecisive nature has carried over into my future plans. I've considered both law and nursing...how different can they be? But I think that for now, I'm just going to stick with being a librarian. The closer I get to finishing, the less I want to deal with more school and even more student loans. An education is pricey and with my loans already hovering around $100,000, I can't imagine taking out any more.

Not only is money a concern, I've really started to love libraries again. My job at the public library caused some serious burnout, but my current job has reminded me of why I wanted to go to library school in the first place. I still love the legal aspects of librarianship (intellectual property, privacy rights, etc), but I can have an impact in those areas without law school. I also really love helping people and I don't have to be a nurse to help...people require many different kinds of help.

Not to mention, there are some stellar librarian positions available right now and if all works out I will be moving back east. But if it doesn't happen, that's OK because it's not that bad here in Arizona. I am getting the itch to move though...

I'm going to keep applying to jobs and finish up this semester...and keep the magical thoughts flowing out into the universe. What is meant to be will be...

No comments:

Post a Comment