I'm trying to decide if I should go visit my family this weekend. I have to work one Saturday, but I can get that shift covered. I DO have homework that I should work on this weekend, but I also have laundry that I can do for free at my sister's. Maybe I'll wait until the weekend of the 20th. I also have to go back up because the lease on my old apartment is up at the end of this month so I have to make sure everything is finished. Decisions...ugh. I'm too tired to decide. I'll figure it out tomorrow.
days are longer, but i have less to say...
I'm trying to figure out my schedule. It looks like I'm going to be working 5 days a week, maybe 6, and sometimes maybe even 7. My nights are going by so much faster now that I'm working all day. It's already 9:30 and I've done NOTHING productive. The new job (the GA job) is going really well. It's really not that challenging, I just have to remember how to do all the little tasks. It's unlike any previous library employment I've experienced. Sure...it's in an academic library, but a huge university library system is very different from my tiny college's library. We're talking millions of books vs. thousands. The shear number of InterLibrary Loans processed in one day is insane. There's an entire team of people that I work with on getting ILLs in and out. At my undergrad, I'm pretty sure it was just one person.
Labels:
academic library,
graduate assistant,
ILL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















































No comments:
Post a Comment