What do professors do all day? The one professor that I thought would stink at getting grades back in a timely fashion is the only one that gets grades back to students within two weeks. I realize that Spring Break was in the middle, but I turned my midterm assignments and tests in the week before break and I still don't have grades for 2 of 3 assignments. For one class, I still don't have grades for assignments turned in from the beginning of the course! As a professor, one would think that they wouldn't assign so much stinkin' work if they can't even get to grading the assignments! How am I supposed to know how I'm doing in the class?! I don't even know if I'm passing my ethics class! In my reference class, I have another problem set due on Wednesday and the second set isn't even graded yet! AND I have ANOTHER assignment due 7 days after the third problem set! Seriously?!
The next couple of weeks are going to be brutal...I'm already exhausted from this past weekend of constantly going and it isn't going to stop any time soon. I realized that I'm working 36+ hours a week and going to school FT for the next couple of weeks...plus Easter...plus all of the assignments due because it's the end of the semester...plus I'm just tired...and overwhelmed...and I just want to have some fun...and I don't want to have a birthday. I wish everyone would forget it (but let's be honest, I'd be pretty hurt if no one remembered). I just wish I could postpone it so that I could enjoy it.
There's a scene in I Love You, Man where Paul Rudd just screams...I wish I could stand under a boardwalk and just scream right now.
Enough of a break...back to work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















































When I was in school I also wondered about what professors did with their time. They can talk the talk, but are pretty slow at walking the walk.
ReplyDelete