Too much of a good thing...

There's a new application on Facebook where you can list 5 things...movies you can watch over and over, best non-fiction, or shows that you've seen every episode. This last one is the one that concerns me. After I listed my five...I did some thinking and there are so many more than five...

The definites:
Angel
Grey's Anatomy
Friends
Heroes
Lipstick Jungle
Dirty Sexy Money
Sex and the City
Private Practice
Rome
Samantha Who?
Dollhouse (it just started, but I don't plan on missing any)

The soon to be and possible:
The Wonder Years
The Brady Bunch
Smallville
The Tudors
Gilmore Girls
Ugly Betty
Growing Pains
Saved by the Bell
Boy Meets World

Doogie Howser, MD
(every episode available on HULU!)

And if I still had cable I would be able to add The Big Band Theory, How I Met Your Mother... we're talking HOURS and HOURS of TV. That doesn't even take into account the shows I've seen episodes of but stopped watching years ago or started watching later in the run like Survivor, The Amazing Race, ER, The Office, The Hills...I've got to get my addiction to TV under control. Did I mention how many times I've watched Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog? And what about movies? How much of my life have I spent in front of the TV or simply just sitting on my butt! No wonder this country has obesity issues...no wonder I have body issues. I've spent most of my life staring at perfect people on TV. Ridiculous!

Did anyone watch Extreme Makeover this past Sunday?! It was the Tucson episode...the one I went to the site to see! Super cool! It's lame though...because the part I saw filmed didn't even make it into the show! Bummer!

And even more concerning...I found out today that summer financial aid is very close to non-existent for grad students. If that's the case, I either have to take out private loans or not take classes over the summer. If I don't take at least 6 credits this summer, I won't graduate by May 2010. If I don't graduate May 2010, I won't be able to graduate until August 2010 if I'm lucky...which means I won't be able to start law school in the Fall of 2010. Basically...it means I'm in big trouble. I would have to take at least 12 credits both semesters (FA 2009, SP 2010)...9 credits per semester is considered FT for grad students and I would have to get special permission from my advisor. So...please help me in thinking magical thoughts that this will all work out and I will get the financial aid I need to take 6 credits this summer and to stay on track for the law school Fall 2010 plan. **Magical Thinking**

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I'm right there with you on about 90% of your TV shows! :o) Here's good/magical wishes for your financial aid needs!!!

    ReplyDelete