This whole day has felt like some lame excuse of a birthday. I have zero friends here so there was no "yay, it's your birthday" dance or even a candle to be blown out. It's just been a day. Last year was a celebration, it was fun, it was bowling, there were pictures, there were people. The picture is turning 5 squared at its very best. Maybe I can only handle getting older if there's a party to celebrate. Perhaps moving here wasn't the best idea, there's no one to celebrate with. Hopefully, I will get into law school where I have people. Having people makes all the difference...I guess I just didn't realize how good I had it.
In other news, the weekend wasn't a total bust. I got a haircut and spent way too much money! I saw Adventureland on Sunday. It takes place in Pittsburgh...talking about torture! For most of the movie I just wanted to be in Pittsburgh! I have people there! It's fun to see movies filmed in places I know, to see things that I've seen. It takes place in an amusement park in Pittsburgh, they called it "Adventureland", but I knew it was Kennywood! I only went to Kennywood once my 4 years in Pittsburgh, but it was a visit that I will never forget (it was when they were open for Halloween, I laughed SO HARD). And in the beginning of the movie, the main character is moving out of his college house...and I swear I know that house! One thing I found very irritating about the movie is that it stars Ryan Reynolds...but he keeps his clothes on. If a movie is going advertise having Ryan Reynolds in it, I want to see him shirtless for at least 45 seconds. It was a good movie...but not as good as I Love You, Man.


















































I know how that is....a birthday without your people. Happened to me when i moved to Ohio last year and knew not a soul....it totally sucked.
ReplyDeleteLOVE watching movies and TV shows in California....I miss home so much....I know how that feels too!!
Happy Belated Birthday! Birthdays without people suck. Sorry. I love watching movies from my home too. I want to tell everyone I know that I know that building in the movie, and what the street really is, like anyone else cares.
ReplyDeleteYay, it's your birthday!!! Sorry I'm so late to send bithday wishes, but I'll do a little dance with you. :o)
ReplyDelete