life is tough.

School has started...Mark thinks he is superman...Syd wakes up in the middle of the night A LOT...and I'm overwhelmed. I knew it would be hard moving in and helping out, but THIS hard? I had no idea. I'm stressed out and my friends can hear it in my voice. I could cry on demand.

Both of my classes are online, Information Policy is far more low maintenance than Collection Development. ColDev updates weekly and has at least two weekly discussions, a homework assignment, but NOTHING in writing. He puts up YouTube videos, but then doesn't put the assignments in writing. It's so frustrating. I have to go back and watch all the videos tomorrow and take some serious notes so I know exactly what's expected. This guy has CLEARLY never taught an online class before.

And then there's law school...apply or not apply? I'm beginning to rethink my entire educational background. I've always been fascinated by medicine and I love helping people (which is why I wanted to go to library school and/or law school). Last September, I witnessed the birth of my nephew Deacon. It was an amazing experience and afterward I wanted to be there for the delivery of every baby on the planet. The idea of nursing came up and I talked about with my sister, but by then I was pretty stuck on library school and didn't really give nursing another thought. But now, with all of Mark's hospital visits and doctor appointments, that nursing itch is back. While I'm incredibly frustrated with DOCTORS and their inability to be prompt, the nurses have been pleasant and helpful, ESPECIALLY the nurses at the hospital. I'm torn. While law school is something I've always been interested in, it's three years of completely consuming school that will take my school loans WELL into six figures. Nursing school can be completed in a year and a half through Maricopa's accelerated program and I would get to wear really cute scrubs to work. Not to mention, after being in the profession for a few years, I could go back to get my degree to be a Nurse Practitioner. Decisions, decisions, decisions....

1 comment:

  1. That's a hard choice. With your willingness to be there for people though I would think you would make an EXCELLENT nurse. :)

    ReplyDelete