oh boy...

10 people in a house...that's a lot.

My family from FL got in on Sunday around 4 AM (they drove)...a lazy day on Sunday. Yesterday, we did the Waterfall Trail at the White Tanks (it's too hot for there to actually be any water) and hung out by the pool. Today, a few of us just lazed around the house. The other half went digging for gold (or something).

Mark is still driving me crazy. He thinks he can do more than he can...then he does all that he thinks he can do and complains about being in pain later. UGH! He knows his limits...he just ignores them. And all day today he's tried to make me out to be the bad guy....I won't give my sister my digital converter box to take back to FL (umm...what about when I don't live here anymore and can't afford cable myself?!)...I won't let him drive (he takes SERIOUS pain medication)...I won't go to Taco Bell (he didn't ask me to go get him Taco Bell, he asked if it sounded good...and it didn't!). I just need to get away from him for a few days and it'll be fine. I chose this. Now I have to deal.

I feel like a bad person for complaining, but this is really hard...harder than I ever imagined.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad your family is visiting - for the little bit of distraction and for the support. I commend you for doing what you're doing - it's not something everyone is capable of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's a double edged sword when family visits. Is there a local or online support group you could join where others are in the same situation as you and therefore can give you the kind of understanding and support you need to help you through this? I hope so! And I hope knowing we're here with (((cyber hugs))) helps too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing great! Its hard to care for someone in his situation and its hard when you are the person in that situation too. I know the times I've been seriously in trouble health wise (after my heart attack) that I didn't want to change my lifestyle. Or I should say it was hard to change my lifestyle to fit my illness. I really respect you for going out there and taking care of him like that..... that's amazing in itself and completely selfless.

    ReplyDelete