Customer Service: A Story

First, bad customer service: ABC cancelling Ugly Betty AND shortening the season by TWO episodes. Grr...arg...

Second, a mistake turned into excellent customer service: An Ulta manager went above and beyond for me today. On Tuesday, I went to Ulta to buy some shampoo and conditioner. The kind I selected was not inexpensive...the very nice stylist that helped me went over to see if they had the liter duo in my selection, but they were all sold out. When I went up to the counter, the cashier also suggested the liters. She went back and found a duo in my selection. Woo hoo! That evening, I was so excited to shower and wash my hair with my new shampoo! But wait...both liters were conditioner. Wah wah...I called the store, but they did not have the matching shampoo...I called a couple of other stores...no luck. I went to return my two conditioners and the cashier was like..."umm, let me get the manager, that's not how those are sold..." Out comes the manager...she says "did you try _______ store?" I say, "no, it's too far out of my way for just some shampoo and conditioner." She says..."it's near my house, I'll pick it up for you and bring it in tomorrow." I say, "For real?!" And that's exactly what she did! I went in to day and exchanged my wonky liter duo of conditioners for a perfect set of shampoo and conditioner! Talk about awesome!

Now if only my car issues go as well tomorrow....

1 comment: