I have a project proposal due tomorrow for my Copyright class and I'm stuck.

The assignment:

Research and engage in some practial action with regard to copyright. Present the results of your project to the class and write a paper that discusses the issues and describes your activity.

I have no idea what to do. I thought about creating a website that discusses the differences in Canadian vs US copyright law especially in relation to educational uses and parodies. Or something about Creative Commons. Or something on copyright law for hospital librarians...I have no idea. This is difficult. Any ideas? Anyone?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Melissa! Just following your blog but I thought I'd suggest an idea. How about sitcom copyrights?

    CBS has this show called the Big Bang Theory (quite nerdy and awesome) and it has been doing pretty well for itself (on it's third season!). However, this Belarusian (??) tv station has copied this American TV show and rebranded as "The Theorists". The producers of the show can't do anything because the tv station is government owned.

    Here's the link: http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/09/big-bang-theory-belarus/

    P.S. I'm a friend of Gary (Garyoke's blog)and your blog is pretty cool. Who knew librarians are amazing?

    ReplyDelete