I can't sit in silence anymore. I have to be doing something at all times to stop thinking about Mark. For instance, today on my drive back to Tucson, I called Volkswagen and refinanced my car. I have a 2005 VW Beetle Convertible that I was leasing...now I'm buying! I think I got a pretty good deal. Considering this is the first and only car I've ever had, I really have no idea. My interest rate is under 6% and my payments will be lower than I'm currently paying. So in less than five years, I will no longer have a car payment!! Then I called my mom to tell her my exciting news...I know she was dreading my phone call for her to cosign. Then I called my sister...then I called Mark, but he couldn't talk for long. However, I know he has to be pleased because his name was on the lease...now it's not! After talking to him for a couple of minutes I called Sara...then I was home for a couple of hours, but I was busy reading, checking email, getting ready for work, etc...
When I got off work, I called Sheila (she didn't answer...I blame the 3 hour time difference)...so I called Nancy (also a 3 hour time difference but the other way) and talked to her. But then we got disconnected so I tried BJ, but she didn't answer. By then it was time for prime time TV! So I started watching The Big Bang Theory which I have missed several episodes of because it's not available on the Internet. Then BJ called me back and we chatted a while...then How I Met Your Mother and Heroes was on...so I successfully kept myself distracted and mentally never alone for most of the day. But now I need to shower...and I can't really talk on the phone while in the shower and I can't obsessively check my email or Goodreads while in the shower. So it's tricky...maybe I'll just shower in the morning. That way I'll be really tired in the morning and my head will be too cloudy to think.
I'm currently reading Pride & Prejudice & Zombies. I'm not a zombie person...never seen a zombie movie...in fact, when I was little that Night of the Living Dead movie was always on my Uncle Billy's TV...freaked me out. Not to mention, I've always been terrified that dead people really will rise up from the grave and try to kill me. I blame my Uncle Billy's TV...When my Granddaddy died (I was 5 or 6), I was so freaked out I couldn't sleep by myself for years. And funerals freak me out...I can't go to a funeral that's open casket because I won't be able to sleep alone for days. In fact, after a brief stint of obsessively watching scary movies in high school and for about a second in college, I completely gave them up. I can't watch scary movies alone. I did break down and go see the new Prom Night with my friend Vanetta, but I had issues sleeping after that...anyway...I digress. The point is, I'm not reading it for the zombies. Pride & Prejudice is one of my favorite books and Pride & Prejudice & Zombies is hilarious. I believe Jane Austen would be a Buffy fan if she were alive today...and I think that if she were a modern lady, she would have added zombies herself. It's definitely Joss Whedon kitschy. I love it! I can't wait to get my copy of Pride & Prejudice from my sister so I can read it again (for the 30th time) and see exactly what changes were made.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















































No comments:
Post a Comment