On to something more distracting and less devasting.

I just got an email from a classmate about my presentation on Tuesday (the Ethics project). First let me say that I get terribly nervous whenever I have to speak in front of a group in a formal fashion. I'm fine when it comes to just speaking up, but if it's a PRESENTATION, I have a hard time breathing and I can't make eye contact. But on Tuesday, I suffered through. I got my professor's comments back today and they were good! However, it's even better to get a positive peer evaluation. It was totally unexpected!

So I worked pretty hard on my presentation, so it's good to get feedback that supports my hardwork. On the flipside, I had a resource evaluation in my reference class that I did not work hard on and I got full credit for it. This is something that people were asking if it should be 15 pages long and mine was just over 2.5 pages. Apparently, my 2.5 pages was enough. When I wrote it, I felt like what I wrote was enough to accurately describe the material I evaluated...and in a professional setting, no one is going to have enough time to read and truly give a COMPLETE evaluation of a reference book...but I know I didn't do my best work. And to be rewarded for not doing my best makes me feel really cruddy. However, I'm currently on my way to getting a perfect 'A' in this class.

In my Organization class...I already have my final grade. I spent 30 minutes on the final assignment and got the most points on it than any of the others. Now I just have to attend class on Tuesday to make sure he doesn't drop any participation points (I may have skipped class the past couple of weeks...it's just so pointless to go!).

No comments:

Post a Comment