long term goals...

For my info policy class, I have to research a policy group. I selected The Long Now Foundation which I know nothing about. However, after looking at the website, I'm super excited to learn more! The group is all about foward thinking...LONG term goals, not just tomorrow, but 10,000 years from now. One of their projects is the 10,000 year clock which is all about getting people to think about the future, in the same way everyone was looking forward to the year 2000 (then it happened and we all stopped looking forward...). The group also has "long bets" which are bets made about years from now...I think one is about a human alive now still being alive in some distant time. They are also sponsors of the Rosetta project, which is preserving languages. All very cool projects! I can't wait to learn more!

No comments:

Post a Comment