Rogue Archivist Campaigns to Be Obama's Printer
I'm a fan of the Rogue Archivist...as a fan of the free resources offered by libraries and from open source applications I fully support Carl Malamud and his efforts to make government documents accessible by anyone with a computer (at home, at work, at school, or at their local library). Can you believe that a state would copyright their statutues?! I couldn't. If Jane Austen can be in the public domain...then state laws should be in the public domain. Maybe someone will spice 'em up with some zombie action. (By the way...I can't wait to read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, I just read the Entertainment Weekly article from Feb 21 and now I can't wait for April 1 to get here!)
Carl Malamud's website: Public.Resource.Org. It truly is an incredible resource for everyone!
On a more personal level...rogue anything makes me think of Wesley from Angel when he shows up as a Rogue Demon Hunter...and Faith as the Rogue Slayer.
And...March is already overwhelming and it's not even here yet.
March 3rd: 515...another randomly assigned group presentation
520...3 articles to read...and 3 PREs to write about those articles
March 5th: 520...midterm will be posted
March 8th: 515...indexing assigment due by 11:00pm
520...midterm due by 5:00pm
March 11th: 524...problem set #2 due
AND...I have to decide on what my presentation/paper is going to be on for 520 and write a proposal for that...I think the proposal is due before March 15th. Not to mention...I have to decide on a topic for my Pathfinder assignment in 524 and email the professor about that by March 15th...the professor that is MIA. A student actually posted a comment in the discussion forum on our class site about how 524 is the most inactive class she's ever been in.
Gone rogue
Labels:
515,
520,
524,
Carl Malamud,
Government Documents,
Jane Austen,
law school,
public domain
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















































No comments:
Post a Comment